- Littlefield Leadership LectureThe School of Nursing is pleased to announce Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges, EdD, RN, FAAN, currently president-elect of AARP, as our presenter for the 18th annual Littlefield Leadership Lecture.
- Nursing Students Aid in Tornado Relief EffortIn mid-May, seven nursing students in northwestern Wisconsin as part of the rural health care immersion program helped in recovery efforts after Rusk and Barron counties were struck by a tornado.
- International Expert on Media Portrayal of Nurses—Video Available!On May 10, School of Nursing alumna Dr. MarySue Heilemann gave a lecture on her work to make nurse characters more realistic and offered a colloquium on her research about using storytelling to treat depression.
- Our First Pediatric Nurse ScholarAnne Ersig, PhD, RN, begins a joint appointment with the School of Nursing and American Family Children's Hospital to accelerate the translation of nursing research into clinical practice.
- New Center Aims to Bolster Interprofessional Health EducationThe Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education has launched, founded by the schools of Medicine and Public Health, Nursing, Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine. Health professions leaders and learners have long discussed the importance of teaching these fields in an interdisciplinary way.
- Accelerated BSN Program in the NewsBeginning in the fall the UW School of Nursing will begin accepting applications for a new program that will help graduate students faster.
- Solheim & Brown Honored by UW-MadisonSchool of Nursing clinical faculty members Karen Solheim & Roger Brown received 2017 Academic Staff Excellence Awards.
- Science Fun!The School of Nursing hosted nine exploration stations on Sunday, April 2 as part of the campus-wide Science Expeditions event.
- Investigating Nursing Experiences in Korean Long-Term CareProfessor Ga Eon Lee, a visiting scholar at the School of Nursing, seeks a deeper understanding of what nursing staff experience in long-term care hospitals.
- UW–Madison Schools Unify Accreditation for Continuing EducationUW-Madison Schools of Medicine and Public Health, Nursing, and Pharmacy are the first in the state, and one of relatively few in the United States, to combine their accreditation processes for continuing education.
- October 21
- October 24
- November 153rd Annual Native Nations Nursing SummitA Good Mind, A Good Heart, A Strong Fire 8:00 AM, Radisson Hotel & Conference Center, Green Bay
- August 14Comprehensive Review of Pain MedicineAugust 14-18 12:00 AM, Fluno Center for Executive Education
- October 6Advances in Multidisciplinary Cancer Care 2017Communication Beyond Words: Strategies for Connecting with Patients12:00 PM, Monona Terrace
- November 92017 Primary Care ConferenceNov 9-10 (more information coming)12:00 AM, Madison Concourse Hotel
- November 179th Annual Innovations in Women's Health Interprofessional ConferenceNovember 17, Sheraton Madison12:10 PM
- December 82017 Dennis G. Maki Infectious Disease UpdateDecember 8-9, Wisconsin Dells12:00 PM, Glacier Canyon Lodge Conference Center, Wisconsin Dells