Course Equivalency Tables
The School of Nursing has created equivalency tables to assist students in their prerequisite planning from the regional schools listed below. The tables below show the courses offered that meet our corresponding prerequisite requirements. It is important to remember these are only guides. We strive to maintain current information, however course numbers and descriptions do change.
Courses are officially evaluated as part of the application review process. If your school or course is not listed on our tables, please complete a Prerequisite Course Evaluation Request Form for your respective program and submit via email per the instructions on the form.
Prerequisite Course Evaluation Request Forms
Is This Course Equivalent to a Nursing Prerequisite Course?
Prerequisite courses are officially evaluated as part of the School of Nursing’s application review process. If you would like to have a nursing prerequisite course evaluated prior to application to determine if it will meet the UW–Madison nursing school’s prerequisite, please complete the following steps.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
1. Review the prerequisite information documents on this page.
We have evaluated course work from all UW System schools and Madison College. The equivalency documents list the courses offered at other institutions that meet our corresponding prerequisite requirements. See if transfer course equivalents from your current/former institution(s) have already been established.
2. Check the UW–Madison transfer equivalency databases.
Transferable courses and equivalencies contained in Transferology will satisfy nursing program prerequisites as stipulated.
3. Compare the UW–Madison course descriptions in the Course Guide.
If you are unable to find/determine if a course is equivalent/transferable, compare the UW–Madison course descriptions detailed in the Course Guide with the course you believe might serve as an equivalent. Consider course title and objectives, prerequisites, credit load, lab/lecture hours, textbooks, sequence, etc. Generally speaking, if 90 percent of the course’s content is the same and the credits match, there is a strong possibility that the course will transfer as a prerequisite.
4. Request a preliminary, unofficial evaluation by the School of Nursing.
If your self-evaluation is inconclusive, you may request a preliminary, unofficial evaluation by the School of Nursing. You do not need to have a course evaluated if it is included in the databases listed above. To request an evaluation, complete the appropriate Prerequisite Course Evaluation Form and submit it via email per the instructions on the form.
Equivalency Tables—UW System
- UW–Eau Claire Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Green Bay Course Equivalency Table
- UW–LaCrosse Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Madison Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Milwaukee Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Oshkosh Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Parkside Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Platteville Course Equivalency Table
- UW–River Falls Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Stevens Point Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Stout Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Superior Course Equivalency Table
- UW–Whitewater Course Equivalency Table
More Equivalency Tables
Equivalency Tables—Wisconsin Technical Colleges
- Blackhawk Equivalency Table
- Chippewa Valley Equivalency Table
- Fox Valley Equivalency Table
- Gateway Equivalency Table
- Lakeshore Equivalency Table
- Madison College Equivalency Table
- Mid-State Equivalency Table
- Milwaukee Area Technical College Equivalency Table
- Moraine Park Equivalency Table
- Nicolet Equivalency Table
- North Central Equivalency Table
- Northeast Equivalency Table
- Northwood Equivalency Table
- Southwest Equivalency Table
- Waukesha County Equivalency Table
- Western Equivalency Table