The Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant was established by the State of Wisconsin to increase the retention and graduation rates of underrepresented students and reduce their loan indebtedness post-graduation. The award can range from $1,000 to $3,000 per academic year, with a maximum of 8 semesters of eligibility.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- WI resident (Note: Minnesota recipients prior to the 2013-14 academic year have grandfathered eligibility.)
- Self-identify as African-American, Latino(a), Native American (or American Indian), Southeast Asian (Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese, or Hmong)
- Sophomore status (earned 24 or more college-level credits) by fall of 2015
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Submit the FAFSA and have unmet need
- Maximum $15,000 expected family contribution (EFC)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Participate in at least one campus engagement activity. (Examples include, but are limited to: Chancellor’s or Powers/Knapp Scholarship Programs, PEOPLE Program, Residential Learning Communities, CeO, leadership within a student organization, FIG course, nursing clinicals, nursing learning center, research, service learning, study abroad, or internship. If unsure about a certain engagement activity, please contact the School of Nursing Lawton Coordinator: Dr. Mel Freitag email@example.com)
Questions about eligibility?
Contact Clyde Gaines in the Office of Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not received an invitation email with deadline information and a link to the application, please contact the School of Nursing Lawton Coordinator: Dr. Mel Freitag, email@example.com.
Requirements for Renewal
- Above eligibility criteria remain true
- Full-time enrollment (12 or more credits) for fall and spring semesters
- Completed 24 credits within the previous academic year
- Complete Financial Literacy through School of Nursing sponsored event (typically held in the spring each year)
- Meet with School of Nursing academic or career advisor each year.
Students who do not meet criteria and want to appeal should complete the Petition for Special Consideration.