Equip yourself with the knowledge and skills to be a leader in today’s changing health care environments and delivery systems.
Continuing Education in Nursing offers learning opportunities that address issues relevant to your nursing practice and take advantage of the latest education research and technology, including:
- Interactive activities for teams and individuals
- Live conferences and online learning modules
- Interprofessional collaboration and case-based learning
Designed by Teams and for Teams
Interprofessional collaboration and team‐based care are becoming increasingly important. Our approach is to deliver educational opportunities designed by the health care team for the health care team.
We partner across the university and the community to bring multiple areas of expertise into the planning process, so we can identify the most important needs and issues and create opportunities that are both educationally sound and relevant to a broader segment of health care professionals.
The Continuing Education in Nursing program at the School of Nursing is part of UW–Madison’s Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP), which also includes the continuing education units at the UW School of Medicine and Public Health and UW–Madison School of Pharmacy.
In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin–Madison ICEP is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The programs and events below have been planned jointly with our colleagues in the School of Medicine and Public Health and the School of Pharmacy. ANCC and Iowa Board of Nursing contact hours as well as CEUs will be awarded for all conferences. Many of these programs also award ANCC pharmacotherapeutic contact hours for advanced practice nurses.
- New Drug TherapiesEach year the FDA approves many new drugs for a wide variety of diseases. This year’s Fall Distance Learning Experience will explore the latest therapies for diabetes, oncology, MS, biosimilars, pediatrics, HIV, infectious disease and …
- Folic Acid: What’s New in Wisconsin?This activity is part of an initiative to increase the number of women in Wisconsin who are taking folic acid prior to becoming pregnant in order to prevent birth defects.
- Updates in DiabetesThis online 8 part series will cover a wide range of topics including, but not limited to: diabetic counseling, diabetic retinopathy, kidney health, geriatric considerations for patients with diabetes, and new drug therapies.
- April 20Cardiovascular Medicine and Prevention Update for Primary Care 7:00 AM, Middleton, WI
- April 2330th Annual Conference on Brain Injury 8:00 AM, Wisconsin Dells, WI
- April 24Madison Clinical Conference: Updates in Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy 7:00 AM, Madison Marriott West
- May 16Hot Topics in Internal Medicine 8:00 AM
- May 21PalliTALK: A Communication Workshop for Practicing Providers12:00 AM, Madison Concourse Hotel
- June 8
- August 13
The mission of the Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership (ICEP) is to design exemplary educational programs for and by healthcare professionals and teams in order to enhance healthcare practice, interprofessional collaboration, professional development, and advance scholarship of the collaborative education model.